Erasmus Mundus ECW at HU Berlin

Within the framework of Erasmus Mundus External Cooperation Window (EMECW), Humboldt-Universität participates in several university consortia to promote co-operation with third countries in studying, teaching and research. The European Commission supports the individual mobility of students, scientists and university staff within such consortia.

Mobility scholarships at undergraduate (Bachelor), Master, doctoral, and post-doctoral levels are supported for 6 up to 34 months. The exchange of academic staff is supported for 1 to 3 months.

The monthly grants amount to 1000 € for students, 1500 € for PhD, 1800 € for Post doc and  2500 € for academic staff.


Students and staff of Humboldt University may apply for mobility scholarships  to any partner university in the respective consortium outside the EU.

Students and staff of the partner universities outside the EU may apply for mobility to any of the partner universities in the respective consortium inside the EU.  Moreover, applications for master, PhD and post-doctoral scholarships are also accepted from any applicant in the non-EU partner country provided s/he meets the academic requirements.

The mobility grants will be announced by the co-ordinators of the consortia via calls and distributed in a competitive selection between eligible students and staff. The calls can be found on the website of the co-ordinating university of the respective consortium.

General information on the Erasmus Mundus External Windows programme of the European Community can be found on the website of the EU Agency for Education, Audiovisual and Culture which administers the programme:

Partnerships Edit

Humboldt University is a partner in the following consortia:  


Coordinator of Erasmus Mundus ECW at Humboldt University is Dr. Matthias Parske

Office address: Invalidenstraße 110, Room 118

Mailing address: Abteilung Internationales, Unter den Linden 6, 10099 Berlin

Phone number: +49 (0) 30-2093-1683

Fax: +49 (0) 30-2093-2780


Each EMECW consortium establishes its own application requirements, procedure, and deadlines.  Therefore, please consult the consortium websites for detailed information:

Study Edit

      Lists of courses and exams for all HU departments and programs are available on AGNES website.  This is also were students usually register for examinations and even check their results.

      A wealth of useful information can be found in the Guide for International Students prepared by HU International Office.

Research Edit

      Your HU student card is also your library card, so you can use it for borrowing books from the Central University Library, as well as from branch libraries.

      HU Library catalogue is available at  All the databases can be found at .

      Besides the HU Library, you can also use other Berlin libraries, for example the libraries of Free University ( Technical University (, Berlin City Library ( and the State Library (  The State Library is the largest scholarly library in Germany.

      If you would like to look for books or other materials in all Berlin libraries at the same time, you can use the catalogue of the Cooperative Library Union of Berlin-Brandenburg at   Finally, Karlsruhe Virtual Catalogue enables you to check libraries all over Germany and even all over the world.

      Many books in Russian, Ukrainian, and other Slavic languages are available, for example, at the Slavic Studies Branch Library (Dorotheenstraße 65) and at the Eastern Europe Institute Library (Garystraße 55).  You can also found Russian books at the Russian House Library (Friedrichstraße 176).

      Your Eduroam Account is valid for WLAN Internet access not only in the HU, but also in other Berlin universities (and even all over the world).

Everyday life Edit

      If you would like to improve your German (or any other language), you can find many books and other resources, as well as sign for a language course at HU Language Centre (Dorotheenstraße 65).

      International Club "Orbis Humboldtianus" and HU Doctoral Students Club (HUPI) offer international students many informational, cultural, and social events.

      All kinds of accommodation, from flatshare to private houses, can be found, for example at and  Rooms in student dormitories are administered by the Student Union (Studentenwerk).

      Dormitories, dining halls, and sports classes of Berlin universities are open to all Berlin students.  For example, a student of Humboldt University can have a lunch in a dining hall in Free University and vice versa.  Detailed information on student accommodation and dining is available on the website of Berlin Student Union (Studentenwerk).  HU sporting activites can be found at

      Your HU student card normally includes also your semester ticket, which enables you to use all public transportation in and around Berlin (zones A, B, and C).

Replace this with the name of your topicEdit

Write an introduction to your topic here, to explain to your readers what your topic is all about!